Handy tips from Irish mums for fixing ANY parenting hiccup
Are you hunting for parenting short-cuts?
We spend reams of time searching for instant cures for everyday foibles but sometimes seems like we're just wasting time.
Solving every single problem is impossible - that's a fact - but here's how to experience that high-five moment every once in a while to make life a little bit easier (and much more entertaining).
1. Red wine spill on a carpet? Pour a little white wine on it to help the stain along.
2. Add salt to your load of laundry to brighten the colours of your clothes.
3. On park visits pop a sticky label onto your child's top "If am am lost call...". This is one we picked up from a Mum this weekend at our first family event, the Laya Spectacular Cityfest.
4. Putting the iPad in "Kid mode" will prevent them getting into your folders and prevent them from browsing things that aren't appropriate.
5. When playing video games with a child, unplug their controller. They will feel part of the game and have endless entertainment as you complete different levels with them! Easy
7. Microwaving lemons and other fruits for 15 seconds can double the amount of juice when using them.
8. Bottle too hot? Cool it fast by wrapping it in a wet paper towel, then pop it in the freezer for two minutes.
9. Putting fizzy white lemonade in a vase with flowers will preserve them for longer. Who knew?
10. Pop a used, wet kitchen sponge in the microwave for two minutes to kill 99% of its bacteria.
11. Got a puker? Clean baby-vom by putting ground coffee on it first. It takes away the smell and dehydrates it. Then, you can just sweep it up. This is genius.
12. Getting your child to sit on a gym ball when doing their homework will help with their concentration and posture (FYI this works for adults too).