One toddler ended up in hospital covered in blisters after using kids makeup 7 months ago

One toddler ended up in hospital covered in blisters after using kids makeup

The three-year-old was left with painful blisters all over her face.

The parents of three-year-old Lydia are warning the public about the dangers of children’s makeup kits after their daughter was left covered in blisters after suffering from a chemical burn.

The makeup kit, not unlike many sold in most supermarkets, claimed to be “harmless” and “non-toxic” on the packaging, however, in the days after application left Lydia with so much swelling her eyes were forced shut.

According to Lydia’s parents, the little girl had blisters across her mouth and eyes as well as a rash on her entire body that they would “apply cold packs to every 30 or minutes or so”.

Her parents shared a post detailing their daughter’s reaction to the product on Facebook and it has since gone viral, being shared over 170,000 times.

“We never imagined after spending a day applying it to her eyes and lips that our worst nightmare would come true.”

Lydia was soon unable to eat because of the pain around her mouth and was taken to the hospital.

Her parents later realised that the makeup kit contained dangerous chemicals that are “commonly known to cause an allergic reaction”.

The pair are now warning other parents to be vigilant when it comes to any makeup kits they are thinking of purchasing for their children.

“This was an eye-opener and we will be more cautious about acknowledging ingredients and educating ourselves on what is good and bad before purchasing from here on out.”

Lydia is now doing much better and is home with her family.

"Good news is, we are home from the hospital today and she is doing better!

"PLEASE be aware of what you are letting your babies have. Especially kids cosmetics so this doesn't happen to your child."