Froyo bites: Adult-approved healthy snacks for kids
Recently, we posted a recipe for five-minute frozen yoghurt. Now, we bring you kid-friendly and adult-approved frozen yoghurt bites.
Super easy and quick to make, these are the perfect (healthy) snack on a hot Summer's day... Or, a cold Summer's day. Here's how to make them...
Ingredients (makes 10-12 bites of each flavour):
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- For pink bites: 1 cup strawberries
- For purple bites: 1 cup blackberries or blueberries
- Blend together until smooth.
- Using a piping bag or small spoon, scoop blended mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for a couple of hours, or until ready to eat.
The bites taste good just as they are, but you could also dip them in different toppings - flax seeds, homemade granola, crushed almonds. All you need to do is let the cubes sit for a few minutes after taking them out of the freezer, then put a toothpick through the middle and dip away.
Recipe via Super Healthy Kids