As temperatures plummet and winds pick up, we’re all seeking out comforting treats to enjoy in front of roaring fires.
This little recipe is utterly delicious and super fun to make. Have the kids do the mixing and fill the apples; then pop them in the oven, grab a spoon and dig in.
– 200g cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1 Cox’s Pippin , Jonagold or Pink Lady apple
Maple Pecan Sauce
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 3/4 cup maple syrup
– Crushed pecans
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and egg.
- Using a melon baller, hollow out the apple.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the apple until it’s 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To make the maple pecan sauce, boil the whipping cream and maple syrup until thick. Add the pecans right before serving.
Watch the full Tasty Food tutorial here: