Search icon


08th Mar 2024

Irish retailer recalls soother clip amid choking fears

Kat O'Connor

The soother clip poses choking risks to infants

Parents have been urged to take note of a major recall of a baby soother clip sold by My Little Galway Store.

The product has been recalled due to choking risks and parents have been urged to stop using it immediately.

The CCPC has also expressed concerns that the product could cause strangulation.

The recall notice states: “The risks presented by the product are choking and strangulation. The bead component of the soother holder has no ventilation holes. A child can put the bead component into their mouth and as there would not be enough air to pass around it, the child may choke. 

“The soother holder can form a loop that is longer than the permitted length and this can get caught/ tangled around the child’s neck leading to the child’s airways being blocked and the child being strangled. This product does not comply with the requirements of the relevant safety standard.”

The product is from My Little Galway Store.

However, the model, batch number, and barcode are all unknown.

According to the report, there are approximately 28 affected products in the Republic of Ireland.

Parents have been advised to stop using the product immediately. They should also keep it out of reach of children.

Affected customers can also avail of a refund. Customers with any further queries concerning this recall can contact the My Little Galway store by email at