Seriously; who wants to spend these hot and sticky days in the kitchen baking?
Not us. But we still want our (healthy!) sweet fix over the weekend. So what’s a girl to do?
Oh, don’t worry, we got you. Here are three deliciously healthy sweet treats, requiring no baking, no oven and very little work in general. What’s not to love?!
1. Chocolate Chip Banana Ice Cream Bites
All you need are two ingredients!
4 medium-size bananas (3 large)
4 tablespoons dairy-free mini chocolate chips
- Peel and slice bananas, and place them on a plate in the freezer for at least two hours.
- Take the bananas out of the freezer and let thaw for a few minutes while you get out your mini muffin pan. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Add the bananas to a food processor or high-speed blender and turn on until a thick, creamy ice cream forms. This may take several minutes.
- Set aside one tablespoon of the mini chocolate chips (to be sprinkled on top later) and stir the rest of the chips into the banana ice cream.
- Scoop out the chocolate chip banana mixture into each of the wells. Sprinkle each with a few chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Pop each one out carefully with a butter knife. Allow to thaw for a couple minutes and enjoy!
(Recipe via Ohsheglows.com )
2. Chilled Double Chocolate Torte
Not only delicious, this dessert is even vegan – and, come on, any cake that doesn’t even require you to turn the oven on is a plus in our book.
- 2 cups pecans
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (other light taste oil may work)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 cups avocado flesh (approx 3 small avocados), pitted and scooped out
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or other nut or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp chocolate chips, melted
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted if clumpy
- Place 10 paper liners in a muffin pan.
- Place the coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds, or until melted. Add the maple syrup and cocoa powder, and stir until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick, microwave it for about 10 seconds until it is a bit thinner.
- Put a little bit of chocolate in the bottom of each paper liner. You should still have half of the chocolate left in the bowl. Set aside.
- Refrigerate the chocolate in the muffin liners for about 15 minutes, or until it firms up.
- Place the sunbutter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 15-20 seconds, just so it softens up a bit (you don’t want it to get hot). Stir in the maple syrup, golden ground flax seed, and pinch of salt.
- Put some of the sunbutter mixture in each paper liner on top of the cooled chocolate. Use the back of a spoon to smooth it out.
- If the chocolate is too thick, microwave it again for 15-20 seconds until it is thin and smooth.
- Top each sunbutter cup with chocolate and smooth it out with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate so that everything firms up. After about an hour in the refrigerator, top with the sea salt flakes. Continue to refrigerate the sunbutter cups for at least another hour before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
1. Crust: Oil a 7-10 inch springform pan and line it with a circle of parchment paper. In a food processor, pulse the pecans until crumbly. Be careful not to over process them as you still want them a bit chunky. Now add in the rest of the crust ingredients and pulse until just mixed. Scoop mixture onto prepared pan and press down firmly and evenly with slightly wet fingers or a spatula. Pop into freezer to set while making the mousse.
2. Chocolate mousse: Place all mousse ingredients (except chocolate chips) into food processor. Process until smooth. In a small bowl, melt your chocolate chips in the microwave and scoop melted chocolate into food processor mixture. Process until smooth.
3. Remove crust from freezer and scoop this mousse on top of crust. Smooth out as much as possible and then place in the freezer for 2 hours to firm.
4. Once firm, remove from freezer and allow to sit on the counter for about 5-10 minutes before serving chilled. Place leftover torte in the freezer wrapped and placed in a seal container.
Note that this torte should be served chilled as it gets soft at room temperature.
(Recipe via Ohsheglows.com)
3. Salted Nutbutter Cup
For the chocolate
¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
2½ Tablespoons maple syrup
For the filling
½ cup sunbutter
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1 Tablespoon golden ground flax seed
pinch of salt
sea salt flakes for on top
(Recipe via Theprettybee.com)
For more delicious sweet treats, make sure you are following us over on Pinterest too.