Love an aul’ serving of fries when you’re craving something savoury and delicious?
Yeah – us too.
However, they are not the healthiest thing to snack on, I think we can all agree.
Which is why you are probably going to love these healthy and super-nutritious “fries” are much as we do – so tasty they’ll fulfill those cravings in an instant, all without the calories and carb overload of real fries.
Are you ready for a fries revelation? These asparagus fries are perfection:
Baked parmesan asparagus fries
- 1 cup Panko* (Panko is a Japanese-style breadcrumb which you’ll find in your local Asian supermarket or some well-stocked regular grocery stores)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.