5 reasons why you should treat yourself to a pregnancy massage this weekend
Being pregnant can be pretty darn physically (and emotionally) demanding, as everyone who has ever grown a baby will know.
Which is why we love a good pregnancy massage. And as well as being just all sorts of dreamy and relaxing, getting a tailored pregnancy massage also comes with a whole list of benefits – for you and baby.
Don't believe us? Here are five reasons you can absolutely justify treating yourself to one:
1. Massage helps increase circulation, which helps to transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells better. This then provides your baby with better nourishment and oxygen supply. Increasing circulation also helps reduces the changes of varicose veins forming.
2. Massage works very effectively on the nervous system to induce a sense of calm, which then in turn helps you to sleep better and help your baby to grow healthier.
3. Massage stimulates the endocrine system and the associated glands, which then helps to stabilize and reduce stress hormones to the baby.
4. Massage helps to maintain correct posture, which then alleviates shoulder, neck and lower back pain.
5. When you are pregnant your blood volume increases as much as 40%, which can the stress the lymphatic system, and increase fluid retention. Massage can reverse this.