A woman has taken to social media to warn holiday-goers of a tiny passport flaw that saw her left stranded in Sydney Airport.
The fitness and wellbeing influencer said she was denied boarding over a small water stain on her passport.
Emma Doherty posted her story on TikTok to warn others of the minor issue and said: “I have no idea what to do or where to go”.
She explained that she recently made the move to Australia and had planned to fly to Bali on June 21st for a 10-day break away.
Emma added: “Obviously, I’m really upset like I’m literally gutted. I’ve just been sat here crying for the last 15 minutes.
“But I’m just going to tell myself that everything happens for a reason, and I wasn’t meant to go on that flight today.”
The fitness trainer’s clip has since garnered more than 1.3 million views and hundreds of comments from those who have had similar experiences on the same route.
Among the many people sharing their stories in the comments was one woman who wrote: “My partner’s passport page was a little bit ripped and they also didn’t let him board the flight to Bali.”
Another said: “I had the same. Landed in Bali, had to wait in a cell until I could get a flight out.”
Later, Emma returned to social and updated her followers saying: “Still can’t believe this happened. RIDICULOUS.
“If you’re heading to Bali just make sure your passport is in PRISTINE CONDITION or I quote ‘you will get put into a cell, have your possessions taken off you and detained until they decide to send you back’.”
- ‘It’s not worth ruining his entire career’ – Mario Rosenstock weighs in on Tubridy wage scandal
- AI has predicted the most popular baby names over the next decade
- Prince William spotted ‘dad dancing’ on rare night out in London
- Claudia Fogarty gets honest about her relationship with Casey O’Gorman
- All you need to know about Ireland’s final Cost of Living cash boost – who’s eligible, for how much and when