It’s Week Three of the HerFamily.ie 30 Day Bikini Body Blitz. By now you should be feeling lighter and brighter so it’s the perfect time to liven up the menu and experiment.
This is one of those recipes you’ll return to again and again for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not only is it healthy, nutritious and low in calories, it also looks fantastic and it’s ideal for feeding a crowd. If you’re following the diet for weight loss, take it easy on the Feta cheese and skip the toast on the side, this dish has plenty of flavour and the protein will keep you full until lunchtime and beyond.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- 1 can whole plum tomatoes with juices, coarsely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon salt, more as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, more as needed
- feta cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 6 large eggs
- Chopped coriander, for serving
- Hot sauce, for serving
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook gently until very soft, about 20 minutes. Add garlic and cook until tender, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in cumin, paprika and cayenne, and cook 1 minute. Pour in tomatoes and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; simmer until tomatoes have thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in crumbled feta.
- Gently crack eggs into skillet over tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are just set, 7 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with hot sauce.
Recipe from the New York Times.