Some of the most effective and safe treatments can be found in your kitchen cupboard.
Like hand sanitiser, for example. An absolute essential for every mum’s handbag, but a product that can contain irritating alcohol and toxic chemicals. That’s a lot for our skin, bodies and the environment to deal with, just so we can clean our hands when we don’t have access to soap and water.
Here’s how to make yourself a batch of clean, green and sweet-smelling hand sanitiser the natural way:
- Take a small bottle and fill it almost to the top with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Add 1 drop of several essential oils – cinnamon, clove, rosemary and eucalyptus.
- Add 5 drops of lemon essential oil.
- Place the top of the bottle on and shake gently.
- Spray on your hands and rub together.