This 5-minute breakfast mug is perfect breakfast for time-starved mums
We're lucky if we manage to get a slice of toast in the morning nevermind a proper breakfast. Yes, the morning rush is something every mum knows all too well and usually, it requires us to forego our breakfast in a bid to get where we need to go on time.
We’re all about simple, quick recipes that are both easy to prepare but will give us the boost we need to get through the day – and this microwave breakfast mug looks like the answer to my prayers.
With just a few simple ingredients, that are all more than likely already in your cupboard, you can have this tasty treat that’s perfect for those who want minimal effort.
Check out the full recipe below.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup bread pieces
- ¼ cup pre-cooked meat of your choice
- ¼ cup finely chopped vegetables of your choice
- 2 tbsp. shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt and pepper
1. Tear or cut the bread into half inch pieces. Chop the meat and vegetables into small pieces. Shred the cheese.
2. Add the butter to the bottom of a large mug and microwave on high for 20 seconds or until it is fully melted. Whisk in the milk, egg, salt, and pepper with a fork.
3. Stir the meat, vegetables, and cheese into the milk and egg mixture first, then gently fold in the bread cubes until they are fully saturated.
4. Let the mug sit for one minute to fully absorb the liquid, then microwave on high for about 90 seconds, or until the centre is solid and it has begun to pull away from the mug around the edges. Serve hot.