Mmm... Berry pancakes with natural yoghurt
We are always on the lookout for delicious new breakfast and brunch ideas that won't make us feel too guilty.
This recipe, brought to us by our friends at Keelings, ticks all of those boxes. The only problem you'll have is eating just a few of them!
Introducing Berry Pancakes with Natural Yoghurt...
What you need:
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- Knob of butter
- 50g of fresh Keelings blueberries, roughly chopped
- 50g of fresh Keelings raspberries, roughly chopped
- 50g of fresh Keelings strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- Olive oil or a little butter, for frying pancakes
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
How to make them:
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Beat the eggs with the milk, make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and whisk the milk to make a thick smooth batter.
Beat in the melted butter, and gently stir in half the mixed berries.
2. Heat a teaspoon of oil or a knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop a large tablespoonful of the batter per pancake into the pan to make pancakes about 7.5cm across. Make three or four pancakes at a time. Cook for about 3 minutes over a medium heat until small bubbles appear on the surface of each pancake, then turn and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden. Cover with kitchen paper to keep warm while you use up the rest of the batter. It should make about 10 pancakes in total.
3. Serve with fresh berries sprinkled on top, a dusting of icing sugar and natural yoghurt on the side
For more recipes from Keelings or to find out about their products, visit the website here.