Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina candle explodes in woman’s living room causing fire 1 month ago

Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina candle explodes in woman’s living room causing fire

Just when you thought 2021 couldn't get any stranger.

Exploding vagina candle are not three words I thought I would ever have to write in my lifetime but here we are.

2021 has already been off to a rocky start with Brexit issues like custom charges and men in horned hats and face-paint attacking The Capitol in the States. Usually one way to unwind from the news would be to light a scented candle.

But for Jody Thompson in London that turned out to be a very bad idea.

Ms Thompson says that the famous Gwyneth Paltrow candle, This Smells Like My Vagina, exploded in her living room causing a blaze that nearly set her entire home on fire.

Speaking to The Sun Thompson said;

"The candle exploded and emitted huge flames, with bits flying everywhere.

I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room.

We eventually got it under control and threw it out the front door."

Advertisement

The 50-year-old Londoner said that she had initially been delighted when she won the candle at a Christmas work quiz as they usually cost £69.

Unfortunately she was left with a bitter taste in her mouth and a lot of smoke in her house when the candle seemed to explode out of nowhere, but she says she's learned to laugh about it now;

"It could have burned the place down. It was scary at the time, but funny looking back that Gwyneth’s vagina candle exploded in my living room."

With that said, she did post a photo of the charred candle to Instagram captioned" "Yeah, thanks Gwynnie, stuff your flaming vagina."

To be fair, if Gwyneth Paltrow's vagina almost burned my house down I'd probably say something quite similar.