Feeling a little delicate today?
When you’re suffering from Wine Flu, the best remedy is usually a combination of carbs and cheese. Throw a little lemon in there and you could even argue that tonight’s dinner contains your daily dose of vitamin C.
This little recipe by Diethood packs a tasty punch. Best of all? You can find all the ingredients in your kitchen cupboard or the local corner shop so you won’t have far to travel if you’re under the weather.
And let’s be honest, you’ve already spent more than enough on takeaways this month.
Creamy Lemon One-Pot Pasta
500g penne pasta
2.5 cups water
2 cups vegetable broth
1 large onion, sliced
1/2-cup fresh basil leaves
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and pepper, to taste
One carton of low-fat cream cheese
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2-cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4-cup parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a pot, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover, lower heat and continue to cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, mozzarella and parmesan cheese; stir until melted and creamy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Images and recipe by Diethood