Looking for a new-year, new-you snack that packs an energy punch? These are the treats for you.
Filled with nutritious ingredients such as chia seeds, oats and dates, these tasty energy balls are full of goodness and guaranteed to get your January off to a good start.
Whip up a batch of these no-bake treats by simply rolling the mixture into bite-size balls. Enjoy as a post-gym snack or whenever you need an energy boost.
This recipe makes approximately thirty portions:
- 100g pitted dates
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g peanut butter
- 25g desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 40g brown sugar
- Zest of 1 orange and the juice of half
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
- Optional: Desiccated coconut / green matcha tea powder to coat
- Put the dates and oats into a food processor and blend to chop up the dates.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until everything is well combined.
- Next, roll the mixture into small balls.
- To coat the balls, roll them in some desiccated coconut or green matcha tea powder.
- For best results, place the balls in the fridge to chill for an hour before eating.
- Store in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container as these snacks will last up to two weeks when refrigerated.
Join the New Year conversation on Twitter @HerFamilydotie