Apparently, this is the number one quality that makes you a mother
Answering the same question over and over, doing chores, scaring away the monsters under the bed...
Some of the more mundane tasks that parents have to carry out but some of the most important ones too, according to a new survey.
A poll of mums has revealed what they think are the top qualities that make someone a mum.
Number one on the list? Simply being there for your child when needed, as chosen by 93 per cent of mums surveyed.
Other things that make someone a mum, according to the survey's respondents, are putting your child's happiness before your own, loving them unconditionally and being up for a laugh.
The poll, conducted by ChannelMum, surveyed 1,015 mums in the UK.
We know that modern families are more diverse than ever, but 89 per cent of the women polled here worried that 'unconventional' mums are looked upon differently in society.
Many of the mums wanted to see same-sex parents, disabled mums and adoptive mums reflected in advertising and on TV.
"Just like love is love, Mum is Mum," said Channelmum's Siobhan Freegard.
"There are many different routes to motherhood and it really doesn't matter how you become a mum.
"The only thing which matters is how you behave once you are one."
The qualities that make someone a mum, as chosen in the poll
1. Being there when your child needs you
2. Wanting your child's happiness more than your own
3. Coping with all the highs and lows of parenting
4. Loving your child unconditionally
5. Being emotionally available for your child
6. Answering all their questions dozens of times
7. Doing the drudgery of domestic chores like washing, cooking and cleaning out of love
8. Going without so your child has what they need
9. Giving out hugs and kisses on cue
10. Being willing to scare monsters under the bed
11. Being up for a laugh - like putting music on and dancing with the kids
12. Taking the time to look after the children when they are poorly
13. Giving your time up for snuggles on the couch and bedtime stories
14. Being home to tuck everyone into bed at night