Heidi Montag says she never thought trying for a second child "would be so hard"
"I am trusting God's plan."
Heidi Montag is again opening up about her and husband Spencer Pratt's struggle to have a second child.
On Tuesday, the reality star shared an honest message to Instagram about how she hadn't anticipated how difficult it would be to welcome another child to their family-of-three, which already includes 4-year-old son Gunner Stone.
Posting a series of photos of herself hugging Gunner, she wrote: "So thankful for my angel [prayer emoji] I never thought it would be so hard trying to have another."
The 35-year-old continued: "I am trusting God's plan and if we only have one I am so thankful for this miracle!"
View this post on Instagram
The Hills stars have openly spoken about their desire to welcome another child to the family over the past year.
Last August, Montag underwent a hysteroscopic polypectomy procedure to remove non-cancerous uterine polyps.
"I'm hoping that the surgery works and that this is the only reason I haven't been able to get pregnant," she said in a YouTube video documenting the experience.
"Hopefully after this, I can get pregnant right away," she continued, adding, "Obviously, I think it's the perfect timing and meant to be. And so thankful I didn't have other problems and complications from this."
Earlier that summer, Montag and Pratt appeared on People's Reality Check and spoke about trying for another child, saying they were "working as hard as possible at it" and that they never thought it would "be this challenging".
"We tried different lifestyles and everything we could think of," Pratt, 38, explained. "So yeah, we're still working on that one."