Now the Christmas tree has been taken down and the constant supply of Ferrero Rocher has come to an end, January’s looking a lot less… magical.
If you’re back on the healthy eating wagon and getting your exercise in midweek however, we think there’s always room for a little treat at the weekend – and what better meal than breakfast to treat yourself and kids to a little yummy fun?
Previously reserved for decorating birthday cakes, sprinkles (or hundreds and thousands as we call them in Ireland) are now an acceptable addition to everything from buns to pancakes.
This Funfetti French Toast recipe will thrill adults and kids alike… just remember to keep it for mornings when everyone needs a pick-me-up.
Recipe and images: Publiclivessecretrecipes
- 6 slices bread
- 1¼ cup dry cake mix (available from Tesco)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 1 cup of icing (made up loosely with water according to packet)
- 1 tbsp butter, for the pan
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, vanilla, almond milk, and cake mix. Stir until smooth.
- Dunk bread in mixture and flip until entire piece is covered.
- Place butter in frying pan over medium heat. Add in one slice of bread at a time and flip after roughly 3 minutes or once bottom side has cooked thoroughly and is slightly yellow/golden.
- Warm the icing and pour it over your stack of toast.
- Top with sprinkles and devour.