There is steak dinners as you know them (and your man loves them), and then there are steak dinners served up like this.
Which will not only blow his socks off, but also leave you with enough time on your hands tonight for – ehm – more important things than cooking.
Steak? Check. Vodka? Check. Spiralized squash (yes, really)? Check.
And the best bit? It takes no time at all. And the taste? Hello new favourite dinner.
4 Ingredient Creamy Vodka Steak Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sirloin steak
- 35-40 ounces tomato based creamy vodka sauce (buy ready-made)
- 2-3 large squash (or you could use regular pasta, but squash is so good!)
- Heat the butter in a large heavy duty skillet over medium low heat until lightly browned but not black (this just adds flavor to the steak).
- Cut the steak into bite sized pieces. Turn the heat up (higher heat is good!) and add the steak to the butter in the skillet. Let the steak sit in the pan for about a minute without stirring – this helps it get a nice sear on one side, like you see in the picture. Flip the steak pieces and cook for another minute or two, until both sides are well-seared. This should only take 2-3 minutes – because of the size of the steak pieces, you really only need to sear the outside and the insides will continue to cook just enough once you remove from the pan.
- Remove the skillet from heat, transfer the steak to a bowl, and wipe the skillet with a paper towel to remove excess grease. Add the sauce to the pan. Stir in the steak and simmer for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the zucchini noodles or pasta.
- Spiralize or cut the squash into noodles, or cook the pasta, depending on what you’re using. Top with the sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley.
- Serve immediately.