Mum who lost son in Australia bouncy castle tragedy speaks out 4 months ago

Mum who lost son in Australia bouncy castle tragedy speaks out

"How do we go on without you?"

Georgie Gardam's son Zane tragically died in last week's bouncy castle accident in Tasmania.

Her 12-year-old was playing on the castle when a freak gust of wind swept it up into the air.

The horrifying accident has claimed the lives of six children from Devonport’s Hillcrest Primary School.

Georgie penned a truly heartbreaking tribute to her son Zane.

She said her firstborn will be missed "beyond words".

"To the love of my life, my firstborn, my world. I miss you beyond words, this isn't real, how do we go on without you?"

"We know we gave you the best life, I may of let you game a little too long or spoil you with too much McDonald's and Hawaiian pizza and buy too many PlayStation games but everything I did in life was for you," the heartbroken mother wrote.

"I have let your online friends know you won't be back online to smash them in Fortnite for a while."

Advertisement

The mum said her world is broken.

"I know you hear me, Zane. Link, Max, and auntie Lizzy are lost without you... I am empty, I am coming to hold your hand and kiss your face baby, I love you," she added.

The mum recently visited a memorial at the school.

She thanked the local community for their love and support.

“I just needed to see what everyone had done and I really appreciate it so much but nothing brings my baby home," she said.

“I have all these Christmas presents and we’ve opened some of them and just sat them up for him.”

A sixth victim died in hospital on Sunday morning. 11-year-old Chace Harrison passed away in hospital, police confirmed.