Suzanne Jackson originally wanted to present Dancing with the Stars
"This is about pushing yourself out of your comfort zone"
Dancing with the Stars returned to our screens last weekend and make-up mogul Suzanne Jackson is already one of the favourites to win.
Suzanne scored an impressive 23 points for her Samba last weekend.
The businesswoman impressed both the judges and viewers during last Sunday's show, but she wasn't always set to take part in the show.
Jackson revealed she originally auditioned to take over from Nicky Byrne.
She told The Irish Mirror that she wanted to present the show after the Westlife singer stepped down. However, the show opted for radio presenter Doireann Garrihy instead.
"It’s a funny story actually. My agent got in contact with ShinAwiL productions about potentially doing a screen test for the presenter role.
"That is how it originally came about, and they originally came back and said they have already got a presenter but would I like to take part as a dancer."
The 38-year-old was paired up with professional dancer Michael Danilczuk.
The influencer said she loves to be challenged and the show is completely out of her comfort zone.
Despite the nerves, she said she is loving the experience so far.
"This is about pushing yourself out of your comfort zone but also opening myself up a little bit more to my followers."
As competitive as she is, Jackson said she just wants to make pro-dancer Michael proud.
"Even though I’m saying I want to win. I wasn’t thinking about the score. I just want to make sure that I made Michael proud and myself proud and I felt like I accomplished something out here."