RECIPE: TV chef Louise Lennox's tasty White Chocolate Bark recipe is the perfect Easter treat to make with kids
Brought to you by Dr. Oetker
With the first signs of Spring in sight, 'tis the season for tasty chocolate eggs, delectable sweet treats and of course, an annual visit from the all-important Easter Bunny.
As always, with this time of year comes a two-week break from school, meaning parents all around the country will soon be tasked with keeping little ones occupied during the break.
If you're on the hunt for some fun activities to keep them busy, Easter is the perfect occasion to put their baking skills to the test by prepping some delectable desserts at home. Not only will it keep them occupied for a few hours, they're also sure to enjoy eating their tasty creations.
To give you some recipe inspo, we enlisted the expertise of Dr. Oetker and their Brand Ambassador Louise Lennox, to put together a very tasty Easter recipe tutorial.
Using Dr. Oetker's delicious range of baking ingredients, the clip below follows TV chef Louise's step-by-step recipe for White Chocolate Easter Bark, swirled through with coloured white chocolate and decorated for the occasion with sprinkles and chocolate Easter decorations. Quick and simple to make, even the tiniest of chefs can try their hand at this recipe, making it ideal for keeping kids entertained over the break and celebrating the little moments this Easter.
If you're trying this recipe at home, you can follow along with Louise's recipe video below but first things first, here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 300 g Dr. Oetker 26% White Chocolate
- Dr. Oetker Pink Extra Strong Food Colour Gel
- Dr. Oetker Blue Extra Strong Food Colour Gel
- Dr. Oetker Green Extra Strong Food Colour Gel
- Dr. Oetker The Joy of Easter Chocolate Decorations
- Dr. Oetker Easter Party Sprinkle Mix
With all of the essential ingredients in the cupboard, all that's left to do is follow these 5 simple steps...
View this post on Instagram
1. First up, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Break up the chocolate, pop it into a large bowl and melt it in the microwave in 20-second bursts, stirring between each burst.
2. Pour a quarter of your melted chocolate into 3 separate bowls, add a few drops of each food colour into the bowls and stir through until you have an even colour. Try not to add too much colour as you might seize the chocolate! Top tip: If your chocolate starts to set then heat in the microwave in 5-second bursts to loosen it.
3. Pour the remaining white chocolate onto your prepared baking tray and smooth it out to create an even layer. Dollop small spoonfuls of the coloured chocolate over the top of the white chocolate, using a cocktail stick to swirl the chocolate together.
4. Pop the chocolate decorations on top of the chocolate and add some Easter sprinkles. Pop your chocolate bark into the fridge to set for about 1 hour.
5. Once set, all that's left to do is enjoy your tasty Easter treat! You can break or cut up your chocolate into pieces, decorate your bakes or wrap up for a delicious easter gift.
Still have some ingredients left over? Find more tasty Dr. Oetker recipe inspo HERE.
Little Makes a Big Difference.
Brought to you by Dr. Oetker