These Greek yogurt pancakes are SO easy to make (and delicious)
I don't know about you, but my hands-down favourite part of the weekend is the breakfast in bed.
When it comes to pancakes, they are one of my favourite little treats any given weekend, and most often I stick with my tried-and-tested semi-healthy recipe that the kids love too. However, pancakes kind of scream to be experimented with, no?
I mean; there are so many ways to make them, cook them and serve them that you should absolutely not be afraid to do a little experimenting.
I recently came across this recipe for Greek yogurt pancakes – served with bananas, chocolate chips and nut buter– and having made them, let me assure you they are every bit as delicious as they sound – and perfect for an indulgent occasion, like Mother's Day.
And if you don't fancy getting up to make these yourself, sure just forward this recipe on to your other half (and remind him you are WELL worth the effort):
Banana Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 1/4 cup (60 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (40 g) rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 medium, ripe banana (50 g or 1/4 cup [60 ml] mashed)
- 2 large egg whites
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) unsweetened almond milk (or other milk, vegan or not)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp (16 g) nut butter
- other half of the banana
- splash of almond milk
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and coat it with cooking spray or oil. You want to make sure that it's very hot before you start cooking your pancakes.
- Add ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until oats are fully broken down and batter is smooth and frothy. Fold in chocolate chips and allow batter to sit for a few minutes so that it thickens up.
- Pour batter straight from blender onto skillet until desired size of pancakes is reached and cook until the edges have set and bubbles begin to form on the tops of the pancakes, about 3 minutes. Using a spatula, flip and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone, making sure to coat your skillet again with oil between each batch.
- Make the sauce by mashing 1/2 a banana in a small bowl before adding a spoonful of nut butter. Mix until smooth, adding a splash of almond milk to reach your desired consistency. Pour over pancakes and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired.