First contestants for Strictly Come Dancing 2019 'accidentally revealed'
The first three contestants for Strictly Come Dancing 2019 have reportedly been "accidentally revealed."
Presenter Iain Lee appeared to confirm the first of the famous faces who will be vying for this year's glitter ball trophy during an appearance on Good Morning Britain.
He appeared on the morning show today [July 31] to talk about the upcoming Strictly series, when he said:
“They are going to announce the first three people on a show called The One Show – it’s going to be Sam Allardyce, Jamie Laing and Anneka Rice.”
It comes as Strictly Come Dancing recently announced a new professional dancer would be joining the show.
Nancy Xu said she was "thrilled and excited" to be joining the popular BBC series.
Nancy was a finalist on So You Think You Can Dance in her home country and a dancer on hit West End and Broadway show Burn The Floor.
A specialist in Latin, Nancy was a finalist in the U21 World Championships in 2010, took third place in the 2010-2012 CBDF National Amateur Latin Championships and was a runner up at the 2013 International Singapore Championships.
The 28-year-old added:
"I cannot wait to start this new journey with all these amazing people and share the magic together. Thank you so much Strictly, thank you for making my dream come true!"
Nancy joins AJ Pritchard, Aljaž Škorjanec, Amy Dowden, Anton du Beke, Dianne Buswell, Giovanni Pernice, Gorka Marquez, Graziano Di Prima, Janette Manrara, Johannes Radebe, Karen Clifton, Katya Jones, Kevin Clifton, Luba Mushtuk, Nadiya Bychkova, Neil Jones and Oti Mabuse as they began pro dancer rehearsals earlier this week.