James Corden claims he hasn't done anything wrong after restaurant ban 1 month ago

James Corden claims he hasn't done anything wrong after restaurant ban

"I haven't done anything wrong on any level."

As the dust settles on "restaurant-gate" James Corden has insisted that he hasn't done anything wrong, and dismissed the drama as "silly".

The talk show host was the subject of major criticism after NYC restaurant owner Keith McNally publicly barred Corden from his restaurant Balthazar after claiming that he was "abusive" to his staff members.

McNally took to Instagram to share that Corden "yelled like crazy" at his server because they got an order wrong. He subsequently wrote another post in which he shared that the ban had been rescinded after Corden called and apologised.

"I strongly believe in second chances," he wrote.

Corden has since dismissed the scandal as "silly" in an interview with The New York Times.

The journalist told the Cats star that he initially wondered if he was going to cancel the interview. To this, James said: "I haven’t done anything wrong, on any level. So why would I ever cancel this? I was there. I get it."

Advertisement

He added: "I feel so zen about the whole thing. Because I think it’s so silly. I just think it’s beneath all of us. It’s beneath you. It’s certainly beneath your publication."

Corden also suggested that he might address the debacle on his show on Monday, even though it's "such a silly thing to talk about".

Earlier this week, McNally himself said that he felt sorry for Corden amid the backlash he was receiving.

Captioning a photo on Instagram, he wrote that he is "feeling strange about the James Corden thing".

"On the one hand, he was definitely abusive to my staff," he penned. "On the other hand, I feel really sorry for him right now. Like most cowards I want it both ways."

He then added: "F**k it, I'm going to get drunk."