10 Weird and Wonderful Stocking Fillers For Girls And Boys (All Under €10)
Remember when finding a stuffed Christmas stocking at the end of your bed was almost as magical as seeing gifts appear under the tree?
Nowadays, when kids have so much, it can be tricky to recreate that sense of wonder and excitement (let's face it, an orange and some walnuts aren't exactly going to set the world on fire for the iPad generation!).
The answer? A little creativity. Stuff that stocking with weird and wonderful bits and bobs and it might even buy you an extra 20 minutes in bed on Christmas morning...
1. Animal Socks, (share between kids, popping a pair or two in each stocking) €12.99 for a five-pack at H&M
2. Make Your Own Superhero Mask Kit, €2.79 here
3. Fruity Scented Mini Gel Pens, €6 at River Island
4. Wild and Wolf YoYo, €7 here
5. Toy Catapult with four foam balls, €8.56 here.
6. Gold Cardboard Crowns (€4.99) at H&M
7. Science Museum Bouncy Putty, €8.50 at Debenhams
8. Kids V Adults: Kids and adults go head-to-head in this fun trivia game. €7 at M&S
9.Christmas Dinner in a Matchbox (three mouth-watering Christmas dinner flavoured sweets: Sage and onion stuffing, roast turkey and Christmas pudding. €7.42 from NotOnTheHighStreet
10. Double Pom Pom Hat, €10, Leigh Tucker Willow, Dunnes
What will you be putting in your kids' Christmas stockings? Let us know on Twitter @HerFamilydotie.
Main image: Modern Pattern Christmas Stockings by Zana Products.