These no-bake crunchy oat bars are the perfect rainy day baking project for kids
Outside is wet, miserable and there are even weather warnings in place across the country.
Yuck. You cannot tempt us outside right now.
Luckily, we have come across the perfect easy baking project thanks to Siúcra and Lili Forberg – ideal to keep the kids entertained inside, while also yielding some pretty delicious treats once the actual baking is over and done with.
These no-bake oat bars use Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar which gives a sweet and rich flavour and can be customised with your favourite type of chocolate.
Oh – and make measuring out the ingredients into a maths lesson – talk about IRL learning.
No-bake crunchy oat bars
100g or 1/2 cup peanut butter
100g or 1/2 cup Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
230g or 2 1/2 cups oats
Crunchy Chocolate layer
180g or 1 cup milk chocolate chips
20g or 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
1) Melt the butter, peanut butter, Siúcra Light Golden-Brown Sugar and vanilla extract together in a pot.
2) Stir in the oats and heat for around five minutes stirring regularly.
3) Press 1/2 the oat mix into a lined 9" square baking tray.
4) Melt the chocolate chips and mix the crisp rice cereal through the chocolate.
5) Spread the chocolate mix onto the oat mix.
6) Press the remaining oat mix on top of the chocolate layer.
7) Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
8) Drizzle some melted chocolate on top.
9) Let the mix come back to room temperature and cut into squares with a hot knife.
10) Store in an airtight container.