5 household items that also double as brilliant cleaners
Making a mess is part of growing up. Cleaning it is a big part of being a parent.
Whether it's crayon on the walls or paint in their hair, here are five household items you probably have in your cupboards right now that will help get rid of the mess in a jiffy.
1. Get rid of crayon marks on the walls with bicarbonate of soda.
Image via Cleanology
Make a 50/50 paste of bicarbonate of soda and water, then rub into stain.
2. Wipe away sticky handprints from windows and mirrors with a lemon.
Put a few tablespoons of lemon juice and water into a spray bottle.
3. Remove permanent marker from hardwood floors with toothpaste.
Image via My Life and Kids
Put a dab of white toothpaste on the marker, then rub like crazy with a damp cloth.
4. Get rid of ALL the glitter with a lint roller.
If it's on the floor or furniture, don't forget to vacuum the majority of it first.
5. Try removing paint from hair using olive oil.